AFGE Local 1658 Proudly Presents:
The 12th Annual 2020 AFGE Local 1658 Veterans Scholarship Announcement
Total Award Amount Available: $1,000
This special scholarship honors the brave men and women who honorably served our great nation. Individual award amounts will be based on the number of applications received, but will not be less than $200 per person.
Deadline for applications is 2 November 2020
*NOTE: Previous year’s (2019) winners are ineligible for the 2020 scholarship and must skip a year before reapplying.
1. Applicant must be an AFGE 1658 Local Member/Veteran or spouse, child, grandchild or dependent of an AFGE Local 1658 Member/Veteran sponsor.
2. The AFGE Member/Veteran or sponsoring AFGE Member/Veteran must be a member in good standing (dues are up-to-date) for at least one year as of 2 November 2020.
3. Applicant must provide proof of enrollment in an academic program at an institution of higher learning, such as a Community College, State University or a Private four year College.
4. All applicants must submit a completed application package to the Building 230 Union Office hand-delivered not later than 2 November 2020 or postmarked no later than 2 November 2020. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
5. Applications of spouses, children, grandchild or dependent of AFGE 1658 Local Member/Veteran Elected Officers will only be considered if no other applications are received. Applications will be reviewed by an independent veterans panel.
Completed Application Package Shall Include the Following:
1. Applicant’s Name, Address, and Birth Date, Phones and e:mail contacts along with AFGE Member/Veteran Sponsor contact information.
2. If not an AFGE Member/Veteran, your relationship to the AFGE Member/Veteran sponsor.
3. Include in the package a copy of the member/veteran’s proof of discharge, DD214 or honorable discharge paper (with Personal Information and SSN Blocked out).
4. Academic institution attending and estimated graduation date.
5. College enrollment documentation (registration receipt or letter from college confirming enrollment)
6. Essay: Typed, double spaced essay not exceeding 500 words on any (one) of the following topics:
* Essay on what it means to be “An American”
* Research into the history of medical advancements during US military conflicts.
* Investigation of history and careers in the US Department of Defense.
7. List Community or Veterans Volunteer Service Activities. Please provide this listing on a separate page – limit to ONE page.
You may hand-deliver the application package to the Building 230 Union Office, Room 136W, not later than 2 November 2020 OR You may mail the application package, postmarked no later than 2 November 2020 to:
ATTN: Veterans Scholarship Committee
AFGE Local 1658
Building 230, Room 136W
Mail Stop 423
6501 E. 11 Mile Road
Warren, MI 48397-5000
Award Announcement: The scholarship award recipient names will be announced on or around Veterans Day 2020.
Questions? Email or call:
Michael J. Johnson
or Cell (248) 229-2391
President, AFGE Local 1658
- Photos from AFGE Local 1658's post VFW 6756 FISH FRY SCHEDULE / CORNED BEEF DINNER / 2021 - https://mailchi.mp/ce23cf6f1b8a/vfw-6756-fish-fry-schedule-corned-beef-dinner-2021
- Go to https://afge1658.org/news/afge1658/costco-youre-invited.html for more information!
- Biden Removes All 10 Members of Anti-Worker Federal Service Impasses Panel FSIP has been used by the Trump administration to impose anti-worker, union-busting agency contract proposals on federal workers. AFGE had called on the Biden administration to remove FSIP members and appoint new ones. 5 Likes
- AFGE National Town Hall Wednesday January 27, 2021, 8:00- 9:30 PM ET AFGE National Town Hall Wednesday January 27, 2021, 8:00- 9:30 PM ET - https://mailchi.mp/9b28c77494e7/afge-national-town-hall-wednesday-january-27-2021-800-930-pm-et
- Largest Federal Employee Union Applauds Reintroduction of FAIR Act This is my response when people claim Unions do NOTHING for Bargaining Unit Employees! 6 Likes
- AFGE Local 1658 Virtual Member Benefits Fair & Open Season AFGE Local 1658 Virtual Member Benefits Fair & Open Season - https://mailchi.mp/9cd861001990/afge-local-1658-virtual-member-benefits-fair-open-season
- LABOR 2020: SAFE CANVASS TURNING OUT THE UNION VOTE
UAW Region 1A Hall
9650 Telegraph Rd
Taylor, MI 48180
UAW Vote Center
15140 Livernois Ave
Detroit, MI 48238
UAW Region 1 Hall
27800 George Merrelli Dr
Warren, MI 48092
...Vote Labor 2020Joe Mleczko TRUMP 2020 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸1 Likes
AX Social Stream: There is no feed data to display!